$5,000 Sign On Bonus! DIRECTOR OF EVS, Bronx, NY
Coreworks, LLC provides our clients and their residents with facility support services – housekeeping, laundry, plant operations, maintenance, transportation, and security – that uphold the same distinctive level of service and hospitality culture that clients currently enjoy from Unidine.
Backed by our hospitality-centric culture and customer service philosophy, we are rooted in responsiveness and flexibility. At the heart of it, we’re solution builders, with a dedicated focus on resident experiences and backed by deep expertise and vast perspective.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
As the Director of Environmental Services, you are responsible for the overall management of the Environmental Services/Housekeeping Department in a retirement community. You will manage the department within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures while executing the job description in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. You will be financially accountable for the operation of the environmental service/housekeeping department, ensuring it remains within the approved budget, while simultaneously providing the Client with the maximum value spent.The director is expected to foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the environmental service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises functions and activities of the department
- Conducts regular management staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Maintains the department in an "inspection ready" state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, Client and all community departments
- Serves on community committees and professional organizations
- Ensures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Community Works and outside training programs, as required
- Follows all Client and community policies and procedures
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team and the department employees at all times
- Implements change to the environmental service program that enhance the desirability of the community for current and future residents
- Encourages and nurtures associate creativity and innovation with the Community Works program
- Maintains appropriate security for all Client-owned property, supplies and operating funds
- B.S. Degree in related field or related experience required
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of five years of EVS/Housekeeping experience in a retirement or adult home preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Coreworks are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1139209
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.