CHEF, EXECUTIVE SOUS – San Francisco, CA
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals.
Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email [email protected]. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
- Assists Executive Chef to assure compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe, safety, production, and merchandising requirements
- Motivates, trains, develops and directs the back of house employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and sectors
- Ensures that high quality food items are creatively prepared and presented in a cost effective manner
- Assists in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation
- Supports the management of cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts with additional specialized training
- 3-5 years of relevant culinary experience
- Mastery of a wide variety of kitchen positions and stations
- Ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly
- Knowledge of food cost and how it pertains to a kitchen, product and quality identification
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills
- Applied food service sanitation certification, SERVSAFE, and/or HACCP federal guideline certification
- Demonstrated understanding of current culinary market/trends and creative food presentation preferred
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1165543