Dining Services Manager – Albany, NY
- We are hiring immediately for a Dining Services Manager – Albany, NY
- Starting Pay Rate: 55-60k per year
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1134972.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Summary: As a Dining Services Manager, you will manage a team of food service professionals and be responsible for the overall service in the main dining room as well as special functions. Additionally, you will assist with maintaining interdepartmental relations and integrating the dining service department with the facility plan of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees dining services operations of a medium to large volume location.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to this account.
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating menus and providing top quality food.
- Assists in the responsibility for all food service-related activities and be primarily involved in meal services in a seated dining room setting, including quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all facility-related activities.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly reports for client presentation.
- Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Waited table and catering experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1134972