Director of Dining Services (Senior Living)
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals. Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
Working as a Director of Dining Services (Sr DDS), you will manage dining operations for a continuing care retirement community. You will be our point of contact for the community, responsible for foodservice, lead the teams within your assigned account, and manage the overall operation. You will provide planning and direction within the assigned account to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment, comply with all applicable regulations, maintain strong client relationships, and fulfill our mission to feed residents.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team at a large account, with the goal of providing top-notch service to the residents and community
- Drives and develops self and team at the account(s) towards building strong relationships with client(s) and achievement of key performance indicators (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- May serve on district leadership team, and participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Ensures decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications, while gathering input from the team and partners
- Fosters a culture of transparency, understanding, education, safety, and accountability
- Serves as the representative/brand ambassador of the Morrison Living team within the district(s) and the community; attends key client and community events
- Ensures client(s) needs are met or exceeded, we retain the account(s), find cross-sell opportunities, and assist in rebid process as directed
- Supports functional areas including but not limited to safety, marketing, nutrition and culinary
- Ensures adherence to local, state, federal and company policies, and conducts unit audits to ensure conformance for key areas (e.g. food storage, sanitation)
- Maintains compliance with USDA regulations and guidance for all applicable meal and retail programs, along with completing all required reporting on time
- Champions development within the account(s) and has a full understanding of all roles within the operation; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning for the account(s)
- Owns the financial results for the account(s), and works to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Educational minimum and work experience per USDA Professional Standards for the account(s)
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in foodservice, hospitality management
- Is well-versed in foodservice management with proven track record of success, ideally in healthcare of senior living
- Has proven track record of leading a business and a team, strong customer service, and good business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative, critical thinking, ownership, communications (listening, written, and verbal), multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, and resilient
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.