EXECUTIVE CHEF – Lancaster PA
- We are hiring immediately for a EXECUTIVE CHEF – Lancaster PA
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1158383.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Working as the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified – highly desirable
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1158383
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.