FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
Location: Hightstown, NJ
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals. Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
The Front of House Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Dining Services, holds duties related to assisting with day to day dining operations in a beautiful, upscale 250-resident Senior Living/Continuing Care Retirement Community. The position entails a need for excellent communication skills; ability to multi-task, strong team leadership and ensures superior food and beverage quality and strong customer service skills.
- Schedules, trains, manages, and develops staff of 25 associates
- Manages budget and inventory
- Assists with all dining services and catering events
- Manages culinary program in conjunction with Morrison Living culinary and marketing team
- Maintains a positive working relationship with staff, residents, client
- Works with vendors to increase positive cost results
- Works in conjunction with Director regarding attendance and staffing to achieve maximum results
- Oversees some financial aspects of the operation
- Experience managing others – Strong Communicator and demonstrated by ability to interact successfully with a variety of people
- Excellent computer skills, self-motivation, excellent planning skills and able to make timely and competent decisions
- Ability to keep track of large inventories and budgets
- Ability to work the business hours, as there will be a 5 day work week, some evenings and rotating weekends
- Have a quick grasp on what needs to be done and demonstrates a desire to lead
- Creativity while not overseeing the attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the business as well as has knowledge of the market
- Finance, Loss Prevention, and HR experiences
- Prefer a college degree and management experience, particularly in the beverage industry
- Certification in service training, safe food handling and first aid
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.