SENIOR DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES (Senior Living)
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Working as a Senior Director of Dining Services (Sr DDS), you will manage a large senior living dining account. You will be our point of contact for the community responsible for foodservice, lead the teams within your assigned account(s), and manage the overall operation. You will provide planning and direction within the assigned accounts to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment, comply with all applicable regulations, maintain strong client relationships, and fulfill our mission to feed residents, guests, employees and customers.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team(s) at a large account or multiple accounts, with the goal of providing top-notch service to the client, residents, and community
- Drives and develops self and team at the account(s) towards building strong relationships with client(s) and achievement of key performance indicators (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- May serve on district leadership team, and participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Ensures decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications, while gathering input from the team and partners
- Fosters a culture of transparency, understanding, education, safety, and accountability
- Serves as the representative/brand ambassador of the Unidine team within the region and the community; attends key client and community events
- Ensures client(s) needs are met or exceeded, we retain the account(s), find cross-sell opportunities, and assist in rebid process as directed
- Supports functional areas including but not limited to safety, marketing, nutrition and culinary
- Ensures adherence to local, state, federal and company policies, and conducts unit audits to ensure conformance for key areas (e.g. food storage, sanitation)
- Maintains compliance with USDA regulations and guidance for all applicable meal and retail programs, along with completing all required reporting on time
- Champions development within the account(s) and has a full understanding of all roles within the operation; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning for the account(s)
- Owns the financial results for the account(s), and works to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Educational minimum and work experience per USDA Professional Standards for the account(s)
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in foodservice, hospitality management
- Is well-versed in foodservice management with proven track record of success, ideally in healthcare or senior living
- Has proven track record of leading a business and a team, strong customer service, and good business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative, critical thinking, ownership, communications (listening, written, and verbal), multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, and resilient
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Unidine maintains a drugfree workplace.
Req ID: 1160689
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.