Sous Chef – Future Growth
Position Title: [[title]]
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Summary: As a Sous Chef II, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and the company’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef II also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the supervisory or lead level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1165130