SYSTEMS DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES (Senior Living)
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals. Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
The System Director of Dining Services is a key leadership position directly responsible for the successful operation of multiple Food & Nutrition/Dining Services in more than one Continuing Care Retirement Community in a given geography, with a Managed Volume around $11 Million.
- Ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations at all sites
- Manages all foodservice-related activities (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, and all community-related dining activities at all sites
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure the strategic and operational objectives of the client for the system are met.
- Visits residents in communities and helps ensure that every resident is visited by a member of the management or professional team regularly.
- Leads team of Directors within the system
- Manages system budget
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus seven years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of seven plus years of healthcare or senior living/adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Previous experience in foodservice management operations of multi-unit hospitals or senior living communities is highly desirable
- Nine plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian preferred
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.