Traveling EXECUTIVE CHEF – Indianapolis, IN
- We are hiring immediately for a Traveling EXECUTIVE CHEF – Indianapolis, IN position.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1168176.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
The Traveling Resource Culinarian has the responsibility for leading the dining service team members toward client satisfaction with food quality and meal service from pre-opening of the business, during opening, and after transition of new business. This position involves being onsite two weeks prior to opening and the initial 3 -4 weeks of opening.
The successful leader will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients and team members while training and directing the team towards providing outstanding client and customer dining services. TRC’s are responsible, without limitation, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and position you are supporting. As travel to and from locations is normal for TRCs, working a 10 day on, four day off is the typical schedule, however there are occasions where shifts are more standard, working five 10-hour shifts days each week or 50 hours per week including weekend and holiday rotations.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks: Culinarian
- As the Lead Culinarian you will be responsible for management of the kitchen and all food production at the new Unidine Operations. In most cases you will be working with Traveling Resource Team Lead and Traveling Resource FOH/systems managers.
- Your ability to implement a regimented designed process as a part of the transition management and culinary team, is essential, opening new business at our client facilities.
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt on the move in facility transitions will be very important, each transition follows a designed process however there is a potential that change requests can alter our plan.
- A working understanding of all systems & processes is essential, all vertical LOB; Senior Living, Health Care, Corporate Culinary and retail management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely(verbal and written) with residents/guests and know what, when and how to communicate depending on the audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing)
- Ability to train new Executive Chef and production staff on all required production systems and processes
- Ensures high quality, good tasting and well-presented foods are served to all residents, population in all areas within established time frames.
- Development of facility food tracking systems and processes, review, train staff on use of daily production records
- Develop and implement menus and prescribed recipes.
- Proficient forecasting and production, ensure all product is delivered on time and at proper temperatures
- Responsible for Food and supply purchasing – adhering to product specifications and authorized vendors.
- Develop and implement job flows for all kitchen and production staff.
- Scheduling and supervision of culinary department personnel with adherence to our productivity metrics.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with the residents, Executive Director, fellow department heads and staff.
- Administer scheduled training, in service and informational meetings to facilitate consistent implementation of production, service and sanitation standards.
- Adhere to production operating budget (financial and productivity) and complete reporting responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis.
- Collaboration on menus and recipes with onsite Health, Wellness and Nutritional Director.
- Assure regulatory compliance for production and sanitation with detailed and organized program documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Chef Manager.
- Prior experience in dining service transitions and openings is preferred.
- Serve Safe, CDM and Allergen certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- Scheduling may require 10 day on and 4 day off scheduling this will be determined by support needs and transition of business.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires extensive travel 70%-80%.
- Requires work with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Computer knowledge and ability to work with multiple software programs is essential.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
- Requires repetitive wrist motion.
This individual will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of designated project to ensure that the goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business
- Documents and analyzes information and processes to solve critical business issues
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Communicates project details across all levels of the organization and across multiple departments proactively
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, One Note, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proven ability to define and execute change strategies
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time with sharp organizational skills
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1168176
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.