Vice President, Client Excellence – South East
- We are hiring immediately for a Vice President, Client Excellence, Compass Community Living
- Location: Territory will be the Southeast – Virginia south to Florida then east over to Louisiana.
- Schedule: as needed, travel required
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Starting Pay Rate: 150k +
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1176779.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Client Excellence is the team focused on enriching client engagement and leading the retention of current clients within Compass Community Living. Our clients are exceptional partners within the Senior Living and Behavioral Health segments of the Compass Group. Compass Community Living goes to market with specialized and unique offerings within the stand-alone Unidine, Morrison Living and Coreworks companies, which are each market leaders in community based dining and support services.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
This dynamic position has overall accountability to meet and exceed Compass Community Living’s client retention objectives within a given geographic territory. This is accomplished through interaction with clients, operators and field support teams. The Vice President is responsible for facilitating alliances between clients and the company resulting in strong partnerships and increased total client satisfaction to ensure a 95%+ annual client retention rate. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Client Excellence.
The Vice President drives all client retention strategy and tactics – planning successful execution of, and follow-up related to:
- Develop contract extension and renewal strategies to preempt competitive bid situations through a systematic approach of in-depth client interviews, internal team communication, negotiation and action planning.
- Support the annual client survey process and report out results to key stakeholders within the assigned portfolio of priority accounts.
- Establish strong cross-functional leadership relationships with members of the operations, finance, support and resource teams to ensure a regular cadence of communication and high levels of execution of action plans.
- Maintain various reports for assigned client facilities and provide concise analysis of trends, rising risk and regional areas or topics of concern.
- Additional Client Excellence needs as the team and processes focus on continually improving our effectiveness and drive business results.
- The Vice President leads the development, delivery and training for various client facing business documents including:
- Annual Client Survey and Action Planning
- New Client Welcome Presentations
- Annual Strategic Planning
2. Support all Compass SAG related priority account needs in-territory. Including, but not limited to, all facets of retention related proposal response development, vision planning, driving decision making through financial analysis, and Senior Living related enhancement presentations.
3. As a trusted, impartial advocate for our clients, plan and visit assigned Client Partners in order to assess their needs, address performance concerns, if any, and:
- Conduct impartial interviews to ensure that we are meeting the client’s expectations; Partner with operations teams in developing and executing detailed project plans for issue resolution within client contracts that deliver solutions with clear client value proposition
- Lead renewal and rebid contract negotiations including, from, beginning to end, rebid sales proposals, presentations and negotiations.
- Serve as an escalation point for client’s needs
- Support facility reviews with senior leadership to determine at-risk locations, including a review of financials, quarterly business reviews and client correspondence. Analyze data and information to make sound recommendations for next steps designed to improve our value to clients. Communicate clearly and comfortably with senior leaders and executives in organizations
- Maintain detailed records of client interactions and transactions, details of client inquiries, comments and issues and associated action plans
- Communicate with clients in person, telephone, and electronically
4. Provide coaching and training for Compass Community Living managers on the skills related to client retention and engagement:
- Recognize and appropriately address "red flags" for facilities and clients at-risk
- Create and coordinate the delivery of operational training to enhance retention and client engagement skills, improve service levels and provide ongoing development opportunities
What it takes to drive your personal and professional success in this role:
- Excellent relationship building skills, verbal and written skills
- Creative problem solving and negotiating and influencing at many levels
- Impact and Influence; Emotional intelligence
- Financial acumen
- Contracted services Restaurant, Senior Living and Healthcare operational acumen
- Leadership presence
- Holding self and others accountable
- Strategic business thinking
- Ability to manage all aspects of working independently without constant direct supervision
- Leadership and project management skills with a proven ability to interact with and motivate others
- Can prioritize workload and meet deadlines for a variety of client relation deliverables
Education and Technical Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a BS in Business Administration, Management, Food Science, Nutrition, Marketing, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Business Development – successfully achieving new business sales goals, experienced in territory management and the use of CRM systems
- 3+ years of experience in Client Relationship Management, preferably in the contract food services industry
- Preference for 2+ years of experience in restaurant or contract food services hands-on operation roles
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows platform and Office Suite – especially PowerPoint
- Proficient in Salesforce.com or a comparable CRM system
- Requires repetitive wrist motion.
- Extensive travel approximately 70% of the month
Compass Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.