With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
- Produces and execute catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified – highly desirable
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Unidine maintains a drugfree workplace.
Req ID: 1183863