Travel Chef (Kalamazoo)
Think Fresh! Lead with Excellence!
An industry leading hospitality food service group, Unidine is driven by its exceptional people sharing their passion, creativity and talent to craft memorable guest experiences. Unidine’s commitment to scratch cooking, innovative programs, venue concepts and services continues to push boundaries and modernize dining programs for hundreds of clients around the nation.
Our restaurants, bars, cafeterias and bistros offer a place for guests to enjoy something extraordinary. That is why we believe that using the freshest ingredients makes for the best dishes, staying ahead of industry trends pushes us to be innovative, and giving team members the right tools and resources helps them to perform their best. Come and join our award-winning team!
The Traveling Resource Chef has the responsibility for leading the dining service team members toward client satisfaction with food quality and meal service from pre-opening of the business, during opening, and after transition of new business. This position involves being onsite two weeks prior to opening and the initial 3 -4 weeks of opening.
The successful leader will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients and team members while training and directing the team towards providing outstanding client and customer dining services. TRC’s are responsible, without limitation, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and position you are supporting. As travel to and from locations is normal for TRCs, working a 10 day on, four day off is the typical schedule, however there are occasions where shifts are more standard, working five 10-hour shifts days each week or 50 hours per week including weekend and holiday rotations.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business
- Documents and analyzes information and processes to solve critical business issues
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project
- Ensures project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Communicates project details across all levels of the organization and across multiple departments proactively
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3- 5 years’ experience of managing large, complex enterprise projects, particularly those involving a medium to significant degree of change across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, One Note, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proven ability to address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time with sharp organizational skills
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1182692