- We are hiring immediately for a full-time HOST/HOSTESS position.
- Location: Shore Medical Center – 100 Medical Center Way, Somers Point, NJ 08244. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous food service and customer service experience are required.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Starting Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1170546.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Summary: Responsible for seating residents in the dining room. Handles customer service situations as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greets and directs guests to their tables based on availability or desired seating arrangements.
- Helps create an overall enjoyable dining experience and promotes a safe, clean and neat environment for guests and other associates.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills. Gets along well with others, demonstrates flexibility and patience; possesses an interest in people.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Supervises the activities of food-service associates in the dining room to ensure proper customer service, food handling and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Helps train new food-service team members.
- Supervises the closing of the assigned dining room; ensures side work and station setup is properly completed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency safety procedures and helps evacuate guests to safety in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Assists with service, including occasional bussing and food service, while maintaining safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- May be asked to operate equipment, including but not limited to fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties and during special events or functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Unidine maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1170546